Sometimes there is a desire to take a decorative rabbit into the house. They are smart, they love communicating with people, they are very funny, they feel when the owner is unwell and try to support him. It should not be forgotten that they remain animals that have not only their own characteristics of behavior, but also need care and care in the unfamiliar human world. One of the most important needs for them is housing. This article will tell you how to complete its arrangement.
Rabbit house requirements
Before you take the animal to yourself, you need to prepare a house for him, where he will live in winter and summer. It is believed that a house must satisfy the following requirements:
- First you need to determine the size. A cage for a decorative rabbit should be four times larger than the size of the animal. Usually choose the one whose dimensions are 60 to 80 cm.
- It is desirable that the pallet was made of plastic. So it is necessary that the fluffy does not damage the claws.
- The animal needs to make a litter. There is no point in using straw for this purpose, since the rabbit will simply eat it. Usually it is made from sawdust or shavings.
- A rabbit toilet tray is required. Immediately putting it in a cage is not recommended. It is assumed that the furry animal must first get used to his new home.
- It is also necessary to provide the opportunity to eat for the animal. This will require a manger for hay, a bowl for water and a feeder, where you can pour a mash.
- It is recommended to make a small enclosed house inside. He is needed so that the fluffy can hide in it.
- It would be nice if you put some toy there. One option could be a wheel that can be twisted.
- If the litter of sawdust is made deep, this will make it possible to grind fast-growing claws when digging holes.
Decorative rabbit cage
On a note. It is possible to make a cell yourself, but its quality will be lower, although this option is cheaper.
A dwarf rabbit cage may be smaller than usual.
It is necessary to wash the place of keeping the animal two or three times a week. He has a need to move. Therefore, it is necessary from time to time to let him out of the house for a walk to the apartment, but not on the street, after removing all unnecessary objects from the floor.
When caring for them, it is important to remember that these animals prefer cold and are able to easily tolerate it. If the house is hot, then for them it can be a source of suffering. To help the pet endure difficult conditions for him, you can put a container with ice or cold water in his cage.
Note! The rabbit living in the house is very shy. It takes a long time to get used to new housing. Only after that he will be able to show his active, friendly and curious character.
Correct Design Cell
When there is a plan to purchase such a cage in a store, you need to consider that usually their designs are not designed specifically for rabbits, but for various small animals living in the house. These may also include hamsters and guinea pigs. Rabbits from such animals are the largest. Therefore, when choosing, it is important to ensure that the acquired cell is not too small.
When shopping, you need to pay attention to the following things:
- Height should allow the animal to stand on its hind legs and bounce a little.
- Paul, if it is wire and trellised, will not fit the rabbit. It can break down furry claws. It is desirable that it be plastic. However, if a wooden or plastic coating is added to the wire floor, such a cage can be safely used.
- A pallet in a cell may have a different depth. This is usually due to the diversity of rabbit breeds. It is recommended to choose from the proposed options one in which the pallet is deeper.
Cell sizes under the breed
It is necessary to decide what size cell is needed for home fluffy. This largely depends on its breed. If you buy fluffy breed Dutch ram or, for example, Dwarf Hotota, then a cage with a size of 150 x 60 x 60 cm will be most suitable.
When choosing a house for a rabbit or rabbit, one of the ways to determine the size of the future rabbit house is as follows. It is believed that the animal should be able to stand inside the cage on its hind legs and make three jumps inside it.
The location of the cell in the apartment or house
It is recommended not to put the cage where there is direct sunlight, or drafts walk. You need to place it in a shaded place, away from open windows and those doors through which often go.
On a note. One of the comfortable places for a pet rabbit is a bedroom. It rarely has strangers.
If it is difficult to find a completely suitable place, it is enough to choose the most quiet and calm corner that can be found in the house. The rabbit loves silence in the daytime, a loud noise will frighten him and can cause stress. Too hectic a situation may well reduce his life span.
DIY cell manufacturing
If you plan to make a cage for a decorative rabbit with your own hands, then for this you need to apply the following step-by-step instruction:
- You need to take an inexpensive grid and enclose the place where the pet will live. For the floor, you can use an old rug sprinkled with sawdust.
- Thus, it is possible to equip an aviary where a rabbit can live.
- It is necessary to prepare a manger for hay, a feeder for another meal and a drinker.
- Thinking what a rabbit needs in a cage, one must not forget to build a house for the animal, as well as provide a tray for the toilet.
Important! To correctly place the tray, you need to trace where the little rabbit goes, and place it in this place. The rabbit will begin to use the new toilet constantly.
How to arrange a cell inside
If the cage was bought or made by hand, then after that it needs to be additionally equipped. It is important to know how to equip a cage for a rabbit. To do this, it is necessary to provide:
- House for housing. The cage is also a house for housing. On the other hand, the animal will often be released outside into the room. Therefore, the apartment can also be considered as a house for the rabbit. Why do I need another, inner house? The rabbit does not like stress, and he often needs to rest. He is usually most active in the evening, in the morning and in the afternoon likes to sleep. Therefore, it is vital and necessary that place where he can relax or sleep. Drawing a small house may be the easiest.
How to arrange a cell inside
Important! An animal living in a house needs conditions that would help it stay healthy and strong for a long time.
In some cases, a cage is made for the rabbit, in which two or three floors are provided. Although such a house does not contain almost anything new for fluffy, it will be much more comfortable in it than in an ordinary rabbit house. The reason for this is his active mind and lively character.
On the other hand, if you build a rabbit house in this way, it contributes to the motor activity of the pet.
If it was decided to keep a domestic rabbit, it is important to provide him with the necessary conditions to maintain health and comfort.
Dimensions and general information about the cell
If you are going to make a rabbit cage with your own hands, you need to familiarize yourself with the general requirements for his housing. Consider them:
- Area. The cage should be spacious. Ideally, its area is 4 times the size of an adult. For decorative breeds, the minimum cage size is 80x50x45 cm.
- Height. To make the animal comfortable, the height of the structure should allow it to stand on its hind legs and extend to its full height.
- Materials and processing. The cage is made of safe materials - wood, plywood, metal mesh. Rabbit housing must not be painted or varnished.
- The floor covering should be even and smooth. If it is made of wire mesh, there is a high risk of developing pododermatitis in the pet - this is inflammation of the skin on the legs.
- The lower part of the dwelling should be equipped with a threshold, as sawdust or other material that serves as bedding is poured on the floor.
- Decorative rabbits love unusual designs. You can provide a second level in the cage, which leads to a small staircase.
- Holiday house. Inside the dwelling place a hole or a house where the pet will hide.
- The entrance to the cage is equipped with reliable fittings. The doorway should be such that containers and equipment for the pet can easily enter.
Attention! It is not allowed to use rusty, painted or varnished parts as building materials.
The cage is the place where the pet will spend most of its life. If the owners do not plan to let him out for a walk around the apartment, the construction area should be doubled at least twice. Lack of movement is bad for the rabbit. Due to a sedentary lifestyle, the animal will begin to have metabolic problems, it can become sick.
Spacious cage for rabbits
Necessary materials and tools
Having determined the appropriate cell size, prepare the materials. For example, it is planned to make a dwelling with parameters of 90X60X50 cm, in which case you will need:
- 2 sheets of plywood 900x600 mm (for floor and ceiling). If you plan to equip the second level, then you need another 1 sheet of the same size, it will separate the first and second levels.
- 900x50 plywood sheet for the back wall (unless it is made of another material).
- A metal mesh for the front of the cage measuring 900x500 mm, for the side walls 600x500 (2 pieces).
- Material for flooring 900x600.
- Guides and corners, bars.
- Accessories for the door.
- Material for making a holiday house.
Reference. As a basis for the cage, old furniture can be used, for example, a table or a pedestal, if they are suitable in size and are not treated with paints and varnishes.
Tools for work:
- hacksaw for cutting metal,
- nails, screws,
The construction of the rabbit house begins with careful measurements and drawing up drawings. We offer you to study the step-by-step instructions for making a cage for a rabbit with your own hands:
- On plywood sheets make marks according to calculations. From the edge of plywood leave margins of 1.5-2 cm. Using a saw, cut the desired piece of plywood. This will be the bottom of the dwelling, the bottom.
- Guided by the same measurements, they cut out the flooring.
- When the lower part of the house is ready, proceed to the construction of the frame. It is made of bars or metal rails. Dimensions are determined based on their structural height.
- Then you need to make the cell walls. The back can be made from a sheet of plywood, and the side and front can be made of mesh. This is decided by the owner of the animal. Plywood is fixed with screws or nails to the frame and floor of the house.
- Then proceed to pulling the mesh. It is attached to a wooden or metal frame with self-tapping screws.
- The entrance to the cage is equipped with a door. To do this, you need to pre-cut the desired hole in the grid or wall from plywood, and the door itself can easily be made of wooden slats and nets. She hangs on the loop.
- The manufacture of a two-tier cage involves the use of overlap - a plywood sheet of the same size as on the floor. A hole is first cut out in it, into which the rabbit will easily pass. Fasten it at the right level parallel to the floor to a metal mesh or rails with a screwdriver.
- The staircase leading to the second level can be made from a small piece of plywood and slats, which are stuffed with an interval of 4-5 cm. The width of the ladder is from 15 to 20 cm.
- Lastly, a roof is installed. It can be made of plywood or chipboard.
Attention! All wooden parts of the structure should be properly sanded so that the rabbit does not get hurt.
Cage from the old table
If you have an old table of the right size, it’s easy to turn it into a rabbit cage. A table is, in fact, a finished frame of the future home. It has 4 guides - legs and a roof. It is enough to attach wooden slats to the legs, on which a metal mesh is then pulled. It is not necessary to sheathe the entire structure with a grill, you can close the back of the house with a sheet of plywood. A front door must be provided. It is made of battens of wood and metal mesh and hung on hinges attached to the legs of the table. As a floor, you can use a sheet of chipboard or plywood, covering it with a piece of linoleum.
Attention! Make sure that the structure is safe - sharp rods and other parts should not stick out anywhere, otherwise the pet will get hurt.
Arrangement of a finished house
Ready house for the rabbit
When the construction work came to an end, you need to equip the cage for a decorative rabbit. Inside put a house for rest, a tray. The pet toilet is set in a corner on the lower level if the cage is bunk.
Attention! The rabbit itself will choose a place for the toilet, when for the first time he goes down in need to one of the corners. This is where you put the tray.
The cage is equipped with a drinking bowl and a manger for hay, as well as a tank for compound feed. If you wish, you can fix the feeder on one of the walls of the house to prevent contamination of the feed and overturning dishes.
The floor should be covered with bedding. It uses sawdust, paper or hay. A special filler is poured into the tray. In order for the pet not to be bored, it is worthwhile to purchase several toys for him - a maze or mats. Playing with them, the eared one will become more mobile, which will favorably affect his health.
A cage for a decorative rabbit should not be placed in the sun or in a draft. These animals are very sensitive and demanding on the conditions of detention. It is important to take into account that the animal is not subjected to stress, therefore it is better to place its dwelling in the quietest room in the house.
It’s not so difficult to build a cage for a rabbit with your own hands. If you are smart, you can make it from old furniture - a cupboard or table, metal mesh and a sheet of plywood. At minimal cost it’s easy to make a comfortable and spacious home for your pet.
General requirements for cages for decorative rabbits
It does not matter whether you will purchase a finished cage in the store or are going to show your talents to the jack of all trades and assemble a house for the rabbit with your own hands. In any case, you should be aware of the requirements that are put forward in both cases.
So, the requirements for houses for rabbits are reduced to the following list:
- One of the main rules - the floor in the cage should not be lattice. Decorative rabbits do not have pads on their feet, so pets will easily fall through the bars and fall into the lower tray, which serves as a toilet. To ensure comfort in the case of a grating floor, you will need to cover the rug or lay the boards to make the rabbit moving around the cage convenient. But it’s better to immediately select a cage with the correct gender.
- When creating a cell or buying it, you need to pay attention to the material from which it is made. An important parameter of the cage is its strength, because rabbits bite everything and can easily eat plastic twigs.
- All surfaces in the rabbit's home should be environmentally friendly. So, it is unacceptable to cover the cage with varnish or paint, because these are chemicals that can provoke poisoning in pets who are very fond of gnawing something.
- Be sure to use a floor mat to prevent the development of inflammatory processes on the hind legs of rabbits, which are more sensitive to hard surfaces. As a softener for the floor can be: wood chips or shavings, torn into small pieces of paper or a rug. If you use sawdust, then the cage must be equipped with thresholds along the side walls to prevent the spilling of the substrate.
Important!Newspapers cannot be used as bedding, since lead, which is a toxic substance, is added to ink, and even a small dose of this chemical element is enough to lead to irreparable consequences. It is also not recommended to use carpet, also containing harmful substances, for bedding.
What is better to do
Let us dwell in more detail on those materials that it is preferable to use when creating a cell with your own hands, and consider their positive and possible negative sides.
A sheet of ordinary plywood or chipboard is best suited for flooring. If you want to make your pet's home as environmentally friendly as possible, then you should use a solid board (not glued, since adhesive material is often toxic).
The wrong sex in the cage is one of the causes of pododermatitis in rabbits, that's why learn how to make the right gender for rabbits.
Metal meshes or rods cannot be used as flooring, as already mentioned, your pet will simply not be able to move on them. Поверх деревянного пола рекомендуется насыпать слой древесных опилок, которые станут прекрасным натуральным и экологически безопасным субстратом для подстилки.
So, there are several options for building materials that are suitable for flooring cages: wooden board, plywood, particleboard or OSB, plexiglass, plastic.
A solid wood board has several advantages. over other materials, namely:
- strength and durability,
- environmental Safety,
- non-slip coating
- nice appearance (which is important when the cell will be in your house).
Of the shortcomings of the board can be distinguished:
- the need for additional machining to remove nicks, burrs and other irregularities,
- in the absence of varnishing (and this cannot be done to ensure the safety of rabbits), the tree will still be traumatic, because driving a splinter on such a floor is as easy as shelling pears.
Otherwise, a solid wooden board will be an excellent natural material for a cage floor.
Did you know?Decorative rabbits are not as simple as they seem. The growth rate of teeth in these pets can amaze anyone - in one year the front incisors grow by 10 cm (and sometimes even more). Therefore, rabbits constantly need solid food and special toys-sharpeners that help them maintain their teeth in good condition and normal size.
Particleboard or OSB will be alternative materials for flooring. They have approximately the same positive aspects, in addition to environmental safety, because these building materials have chemical adhesives, which pushes chipboard and OSB to second place.
Plexiglass is also a very interesting and relatively inexpensive material. But its slippery coating will not work well with the legs of furry animals, and therefore it is better not to use such material for the floor of the cage. It may be suitable for walls or ceilings, but not for floors.
Check out the breeds of decorative rabbits.
Plastic has excellent characteristics in use, but it can not be attributed to an environmentally friendly material, since it is a chemical processing product. Although there is no equal in the care of plastic, it is very easy to clean, and you won’t have to remove the burrs from the tender legs of rabbits.
If we talk about the material that is best suited for walls, then the wooden blocks will be the best solution. They will serve as a good, strong and reliable frame. And from the inside they can be covered with a metal mesh, which is sold in hardware stores. Such a net will fulfill a restraining function so that the pet cannot walk around the apartment freely, and also carry out ventilation, which is also very important for small fur animals.
Another option for the walls will be plexiglass, which we already mentioned earlier, but in it you will have to drill a lot of ventilation holes, and this will add extra work. Therefore, in choosing the optimal, safe and durable material for the walls, we recommend environmentally friendly solid wood beams to which a metal mesh is attached.
Learn how to properly maintain and feed decorative rabbits.
How to make a cage with your own hands
Now we will understand all the intricacies of assembling a cage for decorative rabbits with our own hands.
The first thing you should start with is to understand for yourself what cell sizes you would like to make, because it is not at all necessary to be limited to a miniature space where the pet will be crowded and uninteresting. The house for your pet should meet all the needs of these small but nimble lumps of wool. The dimensions are considered to be standard at least 1 m in length and about 45-60 cm in width. But in such dimensions, the rabbit will be cramped, and therefore, he will have to leave his cage for 3-4 hours every day to walk around the apartment and warm up. In any case, be guided by those sizes that you agree to allocate for your pet, as well as your own imagination. The house does not have to be large in size on the floor. It can be vertical and consist of several "floors" for entertainment and movement of the rabbit.
Tools and materials
For successful installation of a cage for a decorative rabbit at home, you need to prepare the necessary materials and tools. So, among the necessary tools you can include:
- scissors for cutting metal.
Learn more about feeding a decorative rabbit: what you can feed and what not.
And from building materials should be prepared:
- sheets of plywood, chipboard or other material of your choice,
- wooden blocks
- metal mesh
- door hinges
- soft flooring.
Building a cage for a decorative rabbit includes 8 main steps:
- First of all, you need to create a drawing, according to which you will assemble the cell. You can also use the finished drawing.
- Now you should tackle the floor, on the basis of which the whole house will be further built. To make the floor, take a sheet of plywood, OSV or particleboard (or boards in size) and cut out a rectangle of the desired size from it. The main requirement for sex is strength and stability so that it can support the weight of the animal and not become the culprit of the fall and injury of your pet.
- The next step is to equip the floor with a sheet of tin, thanks to which it will be much more convenient to clean the cage. Cut a sheet of 0.2 mm thick to fit the floor.
- Next, proceed to the assembly and installation of the walls of the house. Three of them can be made deaf from the same material that was chosen for the floor. It is impossible to make all four walls deaf, since there must be lighting and ventilation in the house.
- Assemble the front wall from wooden slats with a section of 2 × 2 or 1.5 × 1.5 cm. Insert a metal mesh between the bars. It can be made with your own hands from wire. In the lower part of such a wall, provide a side made of cardboard or the material of which the floor is made. The side will prevent the rash of the floor substrate.
- Connect the walls to each other, after which the whole structure is attached to the floor using self-tapping screws.
Important!Correctly select the length of the screws, according to the thickness of the selected tree. Self-tapping screws should not protrude beyond the wood, so as not to cause injury to the animal. If you made a mistake with the length of the self-tapping screw, use a file to grind off a sharp edge.
How to arrange a cage for a rabbit inside
But with a cage alone, you cannot provide your pet with proper comfort. He still needs to provide a variety of attributes: a drinking bowl, a feeding trough and a secluded place where he can hide or sleep. The presence of a secluded place is very important for a pet, especially in the first months of his life in a new place, because he will need to get used to a new place and new unfamiliar creatures next to him.
As for the feeders and drinking bowls, they must be made of heavy material. Another option would be to attach the dishes to the floor. Such precautions are necessary due to the fact that rabbits are very playful and active creatures, and therefore, during the game, they can overturn or toss objects. As a floor substrate, it is best to use wood shavings or sawdust. Any thick material (tin, cardboard, rug, etc.) should be laid on top of the main floor. This will allow you to clean up after the long-eared in a more convenient form. Did you know?When the rabbit has a time to take a fancy, she begins to equip a nest for her children. Do not be surprised if your animal is actively tearing its hair in the chest or abdomen. This is the manifestation of maternal instinct.- the female lays the nest with her feathers, so that the kids will be warm and comfortable.
Of course, do not forget about toys. It can be both purchased and homemade items. For example, you can buy a ball woven from branches or straw, which will be not only a good toy to drive, toss or roll on the floor, but also an excellent sharpener for teeth. You can weave a toy with your own hands, if you have time and desire.
Additional equipment of the cage with a kind of nest from a cardboard box will be needed if you are breeding rabbits. The box should be slightly larger than the rabbit herself.
How to disinfect rabbit cells at home
The issue of disinfection is one of the most important, because your pet should live in a clean and safe environment. Therefore, the procedure for disinfection and general cleaning in the rabbit's cage should become ordinary for you.
Learn how to choose a rabbit when buying.
Before disinfection itself, attention should be paid to the overall cleanliness of the house. You need to clean the long-eared cage of accumulated droppings, dirt, dust, litter or other debris. All surfaces in the cage should be perfectly cleaned before the disinfection procedure.
To perform a general cleaning in the rabbit's dwelling, you will need some auxiliary equipment:
- a brush (an old toothbrush will do)
- a scapula or scraper for cleaning waste;
- a bucket, box or other garbage collection container,
- substance spray tank
- the drug itself.
Among the most popular and effective disinfectants are:
- 5% solution of iodine in alcohol,
- "Ecocide C".
But folk methods proven by many breeders will turn out to be no less effective, including:
- burnt lime treatment
- burning by fire
- hot alkali cleaning
- washing with a solution of "White".
We advise you to read about which water to feed rabbits, which grass can be fed and which can not, and also learn how to feed rabbits in the winter.
The issue of cohabitation of a person and a rabbit is solved very simply by equipping a special cage for a pet. In order not to spend a lot of money on the house from the store, you can easily equip the worst housing for the rabbit yourself, taking into account the tips given in this article. With the help of step-by-step instructions on creating a cage for decorative rabbits at home, you can quickly and easily make a completely comfortable house for your pet.
General content requirements
Dwarf rabbit cage
Rabbits are quite unpretentious animals when it comes to temperature. Dwarf rocks will feel great at temperatures from +10 to +20 Cº, and decorative ones from -10 to +25 Cº.
The most important thing to avoid is drafts and sudden changes in temperature. Also, the increased or excessively low air humidity is of particular danger to them, if electric appliances or heaters are constantly working in your apartment - be sure to purchase an air humidifier to make your pet comfortable.
A pet's cage is his home, the place where he eats, sleeps, grows and plays. It is very important that his home is kept clean, so he should be cleaned regularly. If the tray is located outside the home - you can clean it a little less.
You should also take care of the animal itself - comb the fur, clean and cut its claws and from time to time cut the hair if you are the owner of a long-haired breed.
Rabbits are easy to train, so it’s not difficult to accustom them to the toilet. It is advisable that you place the toilet outside his home, so you can clean it less often, and the animal itself will not be forced to sleep near the latrine.
To accustom the baby to the tray, you should constantly put his litter in the same place - the animals are very sensitive to the smell, so after a while, your pet will be able to find the right angle.
The best cat toilet will be a regular cat tray with a grate. As filler, you can use sawdust or ordinary cat filler. Pick up such a plastic grate so that the excrement falls through it into the tray itself, filled with sawdust, so your pet will not get your feet dirty.
Rabbit in a cage
If you love your little pet, you will not make him spend his whole life sitting in four walls. Fluffy babies are very active, curious and sociable - they just need fresh air and new experiences.
Allow your pet to walk freely around the room, and let the cage be only a temporary refuge in which a small animal can always hide at the slightest danger. So it will be comfortable for you and your furry friend.
However, remember that rabbits are rodents, and they do not need to ruin your wiring and expensive furniture, protect yourself and the animal in advance by restricting access to such things.
Speaking of walks, we are talking not only about free access to other rooms of the apartment, but also about walking the animal on the street. Having acquired a special collar and leash, you can have a great time with your little friend.
Rabbits are very sociable and socially active animals, so if it seems to you that your pet is sad without company, you can add the same eared roommate to him. However, keep in mind that two males can start a struggle for territory, so in this case they will have to be resettled.
Two rabbits will get along well, but a heterosexual couple is preferable to keep if the male is neutered.
The location of the cell in the apartment or country house
Cage with a rabbit
The weight of adult dwarf rabbits, as a rule, does not exceed 2 kilograms, so this pet is ideally suited for keeping in the apartment. Unlike ornamental breeds, the amount of food consumed and, accordingly, waste products, dwarf species are much smaller.
With the content of dwarf rocks, it is better to build a low podium in the apartment for the dwelling, so that the animal can observe what is happening, but does not feel danger. Choose cozy, bright and quiet places, because animals are afraid of loud and sharp sounds.
In the corridor or in a crowded kitchen, the animal will be uncomfortable, therefore it is better to establish a house for him somewhere in the corner of the room. Rabbits are very tender, sensitive and loving creatures.
Try to avoid drafts when airing. Do not settle animals near batteries, air conditioners, or, conversely, on the balcony, under the scorching sun.
Decorative breeds are larger than their dwarf counterparts, and they need more space, so the country house will be an ideal place to live for the animal.
If you plan to settle the animal on a balcony or veranda, then make sure that the animal is protected from the piercing wind, the scorching sun, as well as the harmful effects of the environment.
The dwelling should have a mesh door, give an influx of fresh air. Animals love fresh air and can’t tolerate stuffiness.
It is advisable to place a house in the enclosure so that the animal can periodically rest in it.
If you buy yourself a little friend, you don’t know where and how to equip the cage for your decorative rabbit so that he is comfortable - let him go for a walk, and put an aviary in the place that he loves.
Sizes for different types of rabbits
DIY cage for a dwarf rabbit
The size of the home for your pet must be selected individually. The weight standard for decorative breeds is up to 5 kg, for dwarf ones - up to 2 kg, respectively, and at home they should be selected different in size.
Another factor is the amount of time your pet will spend in his shelter. If the animal has the opportunity of free walks around the apartment, and he uses the house exclusively as an overnight stay - you can choose its minimum size. The minimum cage size for dwarf rabbits is 40x70 cm.
If the cage is for your furry friend a full-fledged house in which he spends all his time - you should choose a model more spacious, from 35x85 cm.
Decorative breeds are larger in size, therefore they also need more solid dwellings. The size of the cage for decorative rabbits varies from 45x80 cm, and as a permanent habitat, models from 50x100 cm are suitable for him.
But do not forget that the more your home will be equipped with, the more fun your furry friend will live there, because in a large model they will have the opportunity to run, jump and amuse themselves in every possible way. Do not focus too strictly on the minimum sizes, because in the choice, the main thing is the comfort of the pet.
An ideal cage is one that is more than four times the size of the animal so that the animal can move freely around it. Height should allow the animal to freely stand on its hind legs. При выборе размера следует помнить, что постоянно находясь в ограниченном пространстве, животное может получить деформацию скелета и внутренних органов.
Как выбрать клетку правильной конструкции
Decorative rabbit cage
Безопасность питомца и удобство при уборке – главные условия при выборе хорошего дома для животного. Component elements should not be pointed or protruding so that the animal does not hurt.
It is necessary that the feeding bowl and feeder also be rounded. The surface of the floor should not be slippery and wet, so that your pet does not injure the paws and does not get sick. The most convenient option is a plastic mesh floor with a pallet.
It is best to choose a model whose ceiling and walls are constructed of rods, preferably galvanized. Often, rabbits gnaw at everything that comes to their hand, so the coating should be stable, durable and not covered with polymer paint. The ideal option is with a trellised body and a plastic pallet approximately 15 cm deep.
As litter, it is preferable to use sawdust, newsprint, shavings or straw, in general, everything that perfectly absorbs urine. This will save you from unpleasant odors and allow you to quickly and easily clean the floor.
Since rabbits swarm with pleasure in the litter, it is necessary to change it as often as possible in order to protect the animal from unwanted diseases and insects. It is not advisable to use peat litter, as it contributes to the formation of a large amount of dust and thereby irritates the airways of your pets.
Many owners do not buy a carrier in advance, justifying this by saying that the animal will not be sick, and nobody is going to transport it somewhere. Such a position often leads to the fact that in critical situations, when the animal is sick or you need to urgently leave and leave it in the overexposure, the means for transportation are simply not at hand.
Care should be taken in advance and the pet should be carried. The size of such a bag or container does not matter, the main thing is that the animal fits freely there, as an option, cat carriers are perfect. Be sure to lay something soft on the bottom, because the animal’s paws glide over the plastic and it will not be able to feel calm.
Approximate cell prices
The cheapest grid option without a pallet for decorative breeds costs 2000 rubles. Average prices for more decent models - from 2500 to 4000 rubles, depending on size and manufacturer.
Complete set with a pallet for dwarf breeds will cost you 3000 rubles.
Many breeders do not recommend buying used cells, because if the previous tenant died of a viral disease, your pet can easily catch the disease, even if you wash the tray thoroughly.
The main thing is taking care of your pet
It is difficult to find a person who is indifferent to cute and funny dwarf rabbits. Fluffy beauties evoke positive emotions in both children and adults.
It seems that the list of necessary things is very long, but after you have purchased a pet, you are fully responsible for it. So if you have already made yourself a little friend, you must fully provide him with the proper comfort and coziness.